The purpose of Faith Community Church is to introduce people to Jesus Christ and equip them to become His devoted followers. At Faith Community we will always make room for those who are non-believers, new believers, hurting believers, or active disciples.
God expects our church to be based on the sufficiency of scripture. We believe that in the Bible, God has given to all individuals all they need to handle life in a manner that pleases Him. (See Psalm 19:7-11; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:3-9)
Using the Bible we seek to Have:
A God glorifying lifestyle of worship
We believe that individually, we need to honor God in all of life as well as in the worship services of the church, with a variety of expressions that are consistent with His character. We must never lose sight that EVERYTHING we do is first of all for God and his kingdom.
- I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth.
- The hour is coming, and now is when the true worshipers will worship the Father
in spirit and in truth. For the Father is seeking such to worship Him. John 4:23-24
- Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. 1 Cor 10:31
A Christ centered commitment to fellowship
We believe that giving Jesus the central place in all we do as a church, will be the key that leads to our unified fellowship. The Bible promises that by keeping our eyes fixed on Jesus we can expect a greater spirit of unity.
- Now may the God of patience and comfort grant you to be like-minded toward one another according to Christ Jesus, That you may with one mind and one mouth glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. Romans 15:5-6
- Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus Phil 2:5 (Also see John 10:16; 13:34-35; 17:20-21; Galatians 3:28; 6:1-2; Colossians 3:15-16; Hebrews 10:24-25; 12:1-2.)
A Spirit empowered dedication to service
We believe that God has given every member at least one spiritual gift to benefit the church through service.
- But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all. 1 Corinthians 12:7
- As each one has received a gift, minister it to one another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God. 1 Peter 4:10 (Also see Matthew 25:14-30; Romans 12:6-8; Ephesians 4:11-16; 5:18.)
A Commitment to discipleship with practical application of the bible
We not only expect committed Christians to be “feeding” on the Bible, but also living out what they learn and teaching others. We see education without application being like eating without exercise it’s spiritually unhealthy! We are committed to helping people apply God’s Word, and not just hear it. See 2 Corinthians 1:3-4; Colossians 1:28; Hebrews 5:11-14; James 1:22-25
- Jesus said All authority has been given to me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you. Matthew 28:18-20
We encourage everyone attending our services to bring their Bibles and be like the Bereans They received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so. Acts 17:11-12
A culturally relevant and loving outreach
The leadership of Faith Community Church pledges to do our part to help the congregation reach out to family, friends, and neighbors with a variety of methods. As a church family and as individuals, we are passionately committed to outreach in a manner that does not compromise the truth while speaking in clear relevant ways.
- You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven. Matthew 5:14 &16.
Most of all, we believe the greatest tool for evangelism is the fully devoted and radical follower of Jesus. So we see our chief method of outreach being the training, equipping, and encouraging of every believer to share their personal faith with others. Acts 5:42; 1 Cor.. 9:19-23; Col. 4:5-6; 1 Peter 3:15